Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ta-Ta-Ya

Me (talking to someone else): "We should play that Ibert chamber piece with sax... harp..."
Junior Boy: "What's a sax-harp?"


Me: "I'm going to say something harsh.... You're playing like a--"
Senior Boy: "Girl?"
Me: "No! I'm a girl and I play better than you! I was going to say 'wimp'... Don't be sexist.."
Senior Boy: "I'm not sexist... I LOVE women..."

8th-grade boy: "I wrote in the dynamics on the lyrical etude... but they're hard to read.... because I wrote them in with my left hand."


8th-grade boy: "Do you know Chris? [another student]"
Me: "I've seen him around."
8th-grade boy: "He's a background person."
Me: "And you're a foreground person?"
8th-grade boy: "Yes." 

Me (singing articulations to him): "It goes ta-ta-ya-ta-ya-ta-ya-ta-ya."
7th-grade boy: "So do you want me to tongue when you say ta or ya?"

No comments:

Post a Comment