Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Human Aren't Plants

Me: "Louder!"
8th-grade boy: "Louder... What a weird word... It's like if someone's name was Lou, it would be like, 'Lou, DER!!!'"

Me: "What did you have for lunch?"
7th-grade boy: "Ham and Cheese...What? Don't you like Ham and Cheese?"
Me: "I'm a vegan... I only eat plants."
7th-grade boy: "So nothing that even comes from animals, like milk or eggs?"
Me: "Yes, exactly."
7th-grade boy: "So no fish?"
Me: "Fish aren't plants."
7th-grade boy: "OK. So you might as well be a cannibal and only eat humans."
Me: "Humans aren't plants."

7th-grade boy: "Is it make fun of [John] day?"
Me: "No, it's make John better day."
7th-grade boy: "When will it be accept John the way he is day?"
Me: "This isn't personal.  It's my job. I'm paid to make you better at the saxophone."
7th-grade boy: "But don't you get paid either way?"

8th-grade girl: "I eat when I feel scared..."
8th-grade boy: "I crawl up into a ball when I'm scared..."
Me: "You, scared??? Never!"
8th-grade boy: "Oh, yeah I am... like when I'm at home and I think of zombies."

No comments:

Post a Comment