Monday, April 11, 2011

Neckstraps

Me: Don't accent that note! It's supposed to be legato style!
8th-grade boy: I didn't accent! I just added more air!

8th-grade girl: Did you hear [John] dropped his saxophone again? Mr. [Smith] is making him wear 2 neckstraps.

7th-grade Boy: Ms. Winston, did you know that practicing actually works?

Me: You're starting to sound really good!
7th-grade boy: I know!
Me: *glare*
7th-grade: Thank you!
Me: That's better!
7th-grade boy: My manners are also getting better... on the second try!

Me: Sorry, I think I'm losing my mind!
8th-grade girl: Been there, done that!

8th-grade boy: "This music looks too low..." (turns page right-side-up) "Actually, it's particularly high.."

Me: How often do Mr. Smith and I have to ask you to raise your neckstrap?
6th-grade boy: Semi-often-ly.

No comments:

Post a Comment